• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Eurasian Collared-Dove Survey (1 Viewer)

dovescience

Hello,
I am conducting a survey on Eurasian Collared-Doves for my senior capstone project at California State University Channel Islands. The survey will only take about five minutes to complete and will help me better understand the Eurasian Collared-Doves’ behavior and distribution in the United States. If you are interested please follow this link to the survey. https://csuci.qualtrics.com/SE/?SID=SV_81YtKeYrW2HuBlr

The hypenated form is the common usage in North America. It's collared dove or Eurasian collared-dove.

Whereas in Europe it is collared dove or Eurasian collared dove.

As an interesting side note, in my 1995 copy of "American Birding Association Birdfinder: A Birder's Guide to Planning North America Trips", the Eurasian Collared-Dove is noted as a key specie in South Florida, with the following description: "The center of population used to be in Homestead, but the species is spreading quickly in the greater Miami area. James Archer Park in Homestead is always good. It is established in the St. Petersburg and Clearwater areas, too."

It is amazing how not too many years ago it was considered a target specie for birdwatchers. I remember scouring the Homestead parks hoping to find one!

Warning! This thread is more than 9 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back