• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

compact ED (1 Viewer)

gwsudiro

Indonesia
hello.... ^_^

are there any compact binoculars (below 30mm) available right now with ED glass ?

for your kind help, many thanks before...^_^

best regards

Galih

This is the closest thing.
http://www.eagleoptics.com/binoculars/vortex/vortex-viper-8x28-binocular

Note: there is a tactical model with longer eye cups like Steiners. See Optics Planet.

I am not impressed with small end Vortex, they messed up Diamondback 8x28 with too much eye relief, that gives black outs. The Vanquish line is all I would look at in Vortex.

ZR has been responsive to customer requests, so I believe many are waiting for the first true ZR compact.

Last edited:
I've got one of the new Elite compacts. It isn't waterproof and doesn't have ED glass, tho' the listed attributes below the illustration would seem to indicate that is does. Bushnell is apparently trying to revamp its lineup and has now put the Custom with the E2 line, where the roof models (8 & 10x) do have those features. The top Elites (the 43mm's) seem to have been dropped and the company has put the E2's at the top (tho' they aren't in the original Elites' league optically) and has stopped trying to compete with the "alpha 4". However, the little 7x26 is still, IMHO, as good performance-wise as any of the L-N-S-Z baby roofs, at well under half their prices.

Warning! This thread is more than 14 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back