• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Phillippines, Los Banos (1 Viewer)

I do not have first hand information, but did find this on the web. You might try a fax:

Office of Public Relations
University of the Philippines Los Banos
College
Laguna
4031 The Philippines
Phone:
+63 (049) 536 2928
Fax:
+63 (049) 536-3604
Web:
http://www.uplb.edu.ph

Also, from the website, it seems that the hostel is operated by the Training Center for Tropical Resources and Ecosystems Sustainability, which is within the College of Forestry and Natural Resources. This is the College contact information:

Office of the Dean
College of Forestry and Natural Resources
Tamesis Hall, Forestry Campus
University of the Philippines Los Baños
College, Laguna Philippines 4031
Telephone: +63 (049) 536 3996
Fax: +63 (049) 536 2306
Email: [email protected]

From this web page:
http://uplb.edu.ph/index.php/cfnr

We visted last year

Details I have from then are

UPLB - Contact Robert Cereno
Tel +6349 5362637 Fax +635262637
email: [email protected]

We actually stayed in the new hotel style accommodation block just round the corner. Which had Hawk Owls in the garden

Thank you for the information on University of the Philippines Los Banos. I didn't know the college there offers hostel accommodations...

These are directions from our trip report albeit over 15 years ago, for arriving by public transport as we did then.

Access
Take a bus from the BLTB terminal in Manila going to Santa Cruz, and get off at Los Banõs (P60). From here take a jeepney signed ‘forestry’ heading right, from outside the large Jollibee burger house to Los Banõs University campus (P4; 15 mins). We hired a taxi to take us direct from Manila airport to Makiling for P1200 one-way split between the three of us. When leaving Makiling take a jeepney from the end of the first road on the right from Trees Lodge, signed for ‘Olivares’ and alight at Olivares Plaza from where buses can be taken to Manila (P60).'

I became addicted to the Tuna pandesal at Jollybee!

Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back