• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Philippines holiday (1 Viewer)

shrek48

My first trip to the Philippines, ended up on Bantayan island at a place called Maia's resort, beautiful place, my garden of eden.
My bungalow overlooks the sea and white sand beach. I sit having breakfast watching sandpipers, black/white and little herons feeding alongside kingfishers.
From the pool I watch sparrows/ black capped chestnut Munia and olive backed sun birds doing their thing.

The sunbirds and Munia are firsts for me and they come so close you can almost touch them. Another first was the oriole, a big black and yellow bird seen in the mango forest,and black salma are everywhere here.

Bought a new d71000 and 150-600 and left them at home in China, really regretting that decision now!

Warning! This thread is more than 9 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back