• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Its macro time again (1 Viewer)

Roy C

Occasional bird snapper
This is an old shot of a Yellow or Golden dung fly (Scathophaga stercoraria). Its time I got the macro lens out and dusted down for the new season I think B :)

Attachments

• fly01.jpg
    fly01.jpg
    232.6 KB · Views: 264
Yes Roy under starters orders have my Canon 100MM MACRO lens attached to Canon 7D raring to go.This one taken back in autumn last year.
GEORGE.

Last edited:
Got this little European Mantis while on holiday in Crete

Full shot and crop

Attachments

• Praying mantis.jpg
    Praying mantis.jpg
    137.5 KB · Views: 138
  • mantis eye.jpg
    mantis eye.jpg
    296.1 KB · Views: 167
I used to do a lot of macro until I found it hard to get down to their level but now I have the canon 100mm I will be shooting some more, this I took back in 2007 with a Panasonic FZ50 with a macro attachment.
Wolf Spider with young on her back and egg sack still attached.

Attachments

• spiderwithyoung_25_07_07.jpg
    spiderwithyoung_25_07_07.jpg
    787.8 KB · Views: 200
No idea what this fly is 8mm in length took it yesterday in the garden.

Attachments

• fly_13_5_2015.JPG
    fly_13_5_2015.JPG
    97.1 KB · Views: 163
Warning! This thread is more than 9 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back