• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Phrase Express problem(s) (1 Viewer)

delia todd

If I said the wrong thing it was a Senior Moment
Staff member
Opus Editor
Supporter
Scotland
I'm using the latest version of PhraseExpress, but since the last update (I think it started then) I've had a few problems.

It started with opening an application (the Windows Gallery), instead of pasting a phrase into a post. This was happening only the first time I used it each morning, after that it behaved normally, until yesterday.

I went to insert another short phrase, using keyboard shortcuts and nothing happened. When I looked at the list of phrases, that one wasn't there. I tried to re-make the phrase and it said that combination was already in use.

Oh what a muddle I go into. Getting messages also such as, back-up failed (or something like that).

Eventually I seemed to have it working properly last night. But on start up this morning, again that same phrase wouldn't work with the keyboard, but I could select it from the list.

I shut down Phrase Express and re-started it and it's working OK again.

Has anyone any idea what might be going on?

(I was recently given an option to test a beta version, but rejected that one).

You could try a reset?

Reset to default configuration
If you feel lost with the settings, you can reset PhraseExpress to "factory defaults":
Right-click the PhraseExpress tray icon and select Exit.
Press and hold the CTRL and ALT key and launch PhraseExpress (you may need to right-click the program link and select "Open").
Reverting to default settings also resets the phrase file location to the default storage location. You may need to load your phrase file from the custom location again.​

Thanks Mono.

I might try that when I feel brave enough LOL.

Warning! This thread is more than 7 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back