• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Malaysia - Mountain Peacock-pheasant in November? (1 Viewer)

gandytron

I have a few days free in early November and I'm thinking about trying for Mountain Peacock-pheasant in one of the West Malaysian hill stations (Fraser's Hill, Genting Highlands or Cameron Highlands) as I know that Oct/Nov is supposed to be a good time of year to connect with this species.

Is anybody aware of reliable sites? I remember seeing some fantastic photos of one a few years back (presumably baited with grain, which would not be my first choice of how to see one).

Thanks,

Dave

Last edited:
I'm a Malaysian and I'm thinking of going on my first birding session November/December this year too! I'd appreciate any information about birding here too

Dave,

Al will have sent you all the info you need, I can confirm they are still present on a daily basis - at the moment we have two males, female and a near-full grown youngster, along with the family of Ferruginous Partridges.
Just bring your ear-plugs as there is usually someone playing the partridge tape at full blast all morning and quite a bit of chatter...

If you need more info, pm me.

J

Dave,

Al will have sent you all the info you need, I can confirm they are still present on a daily basis - at the moment we have two males, female and a near-full grown youngster, along with the family of Ferruginous Partridges.
Just bring your ear-plugs as there is usually someone playing the partridge tape at full blast all morning and quite a bit of chatter...

If you need more info, pm me.

J

Many thanks James, I'll await to hear from Alan.

Best,

Dave

I'm planning on going next summer. So at the risk of hijacking the thread, I' d be very grateful for this information too.

Warning! This thread is more than 7 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back