• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Suggestion for birding locations in southern California in November (1 Viewer)

arodris

Hi,

I will spend some days in Los Angeles next November, and I am planning to extend my stay there for 4-5 days to do some birdings. Could anybody indicate me some good places to do some birdings in southern California?.

Thanks

Antonio

Too bad for the lack of response, Antonio. I myself may be going to south central California in December so I was interested in your question. You might find some answers by buying an ABA guide:
https://www.aba.org/siteguides/scal.html
You could also use eBird, especially if you have specific target species.
From Ventura, a boat trip to Santa Cruz island where the endemic Island Scrub Jay is found also has the potential for pelagic species as well as whales.

Steve

There's some pretty good information in The Opus Location section for California.

Hope you find that of interest too, and have a lovely holiday Antonio.

Warning! This thread is more than 7 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back