• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Hello from Tennessee (1 Viewer)

Longhunter

I have read posts from birdforum for some time while searching for information on various spotting scopes. What prompted me to join was the acquisition of a vintage Kowa TS-1 spotting scope and wondering if someone can tell me when Kowa added the round metal adapter on the bottom of the scope for mounting on a tripod. I have two TS-2's that have this chromed metal adapter but the TS-1 does not. I saw in an old Kowa brochure a TS-1 with the mounting adapter and thus wondered when they added it, and if the Optics quality are the same or different between these two versions of the TS-1?

Hello Longhunter and welcome to the forum on behalf of the staff and moderators. I am moving this to the Kowa forum so you will get better responses. I have also subscribed you to the thread so you will receive email notifications (only for this) when someone responds.

I used to have one of the "Jam Pot" Kowas, I think it was the TS-1.

On mine there was a small circular disk under the scope with a 1/4 inch female thread for mounting it on a tripod etc.

I used mine for Match Rifle shooting and it was plenty good enough to score my 0.22 shots at 100 yards before I walked to the target. Nice scope and well made.

These days I use a Kowa TSN-4 with and Opticron eyepiece - pretty good combination.

Warning! This thread is more than 7 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back