• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Hello from Aberdeen (1 Viewer)

Joseph N

Lothian Young Birder
Hello guys, I'm Joseph N and I am new to this site. I must say, it is very appealing, and a forum completely dedicated to birds like this one will keep me entertained for some time to come, no doubt.

I live in Aberdeen, Scotland. I'm just 14, but have been birdwatching for a number of years, due to my Dad getting me into the hobby. Because I have others thing to do in life, however, I can't dedicate piles of time to birdwatching. However, any weekend my Dad and I are free, we will get out. The last time we were out for the day, we went to see the Stilt Sand up at the Loch of Strathbeg, which, in my opinion, is one of the best places to birdwatch in Scotland, and definitely the best place to birdwatch in Aberdeenshire. As for lists, my life list is around 330 birds, whilst my British list is around 210.

Anyway, I hope to spend quite a lot of time at BirdForum, and will report any findings of my Dad and I's and will take part in discussions.

Last edited:
Hi Joseph and a warm welcome to you from the Staff and Moderators.

A few threads you may be interested in:

Birds fae Torry (boundaries are a bit loose methinks;))

We have a number of young birders here and I'm sure you'll be made most welcome in this thread where they all gather.

Then there's the Scottish Bash Discussion thread , we usually have a few each year and they are all great fun. You'd be most welcome to join us if you can manage.

D

Thank you for welcoming me warmly guys. BirdForum seems absolutely fantastic. Delia todd, I have posted in the Young Birder thread you linked, I'll go and check the others out in a moment.;)

Thank you once again, you make me feel very welcomed.;)

By the way, can I ask, do we have a forum in which you can post a birding diary which you can post in each time you have been out?

Thank you once again, you make me feel very welcomed.;)

By the way, can I ask, do we have a forum in which you can post a birding diary which you can post in each time you have been out?

Hi Joseph

I'm glad you're settling in:t:

You've a few of options really:

Start a thread in Scotland Forum or in the Your Birding Day

or

Start a Blog... you'll see a link to the Blogs Page at the top

D

Thanks,the Lion Club. I am settling in really nicely, but unfortunately, I'm going away down to Somerset for a couple of weeks, and there won't be any internet connection where I am going, thus meaning no BirdForum for me.:-C

Whilst I am away my Dad and I will go out for a birdwatch. We will be going to Walton Heath to see if we can see the long stay Little Bittern and then will maybe go to Chew Valley Lake just outside Bristol to try and find the Ferruginous Duck. When I get back, I will report my bird findings.;)

Warning! This thread is more than 15 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back