• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Barcelona, Spain birds (September 16,17, 2013) (1 Viewer)

howiewu

Hi, all --

I just came back from a two-week trip to Spain, Morocco and Gibraltar. It wasn't a birding trip but a family vacation, however, I managed to grabbed some pictures of birds. Since I've not been to Europe or Africa before, almost every bird I saw was new to me (except for the feral pigeons and house sparrows).

These were taken in Barcelona, Spain on September 16 or 17. I am very unfamiliar with European birds, my best guesses are:

1. Yellow-legged Gull?
2. Black-headed Gull?
3. ??? (this may be feral)

What do you think?
Thanks in advance,
Howard

Attachments

• gull1.jpg
    gull1.jpg
    86.7 KB · Views: 80
  • gull2.jpg
    gull2.jpg
    56 KB · Views: 69
  • parrot.jpg
    parrot.jpg
    134.2 KB · Views: 72
I think you're correct on the gulls.
#3 is a Monk Parakeet, introduced (from South America) some time ago in Southern Europe. They also breed in Italy.

Warning! This thread is more than 11 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back