• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Genuine Fractals 2 (1 Viewer)

Saphire

Christine
Does anyone know where I can get hold of Genuine Fractals 2, being out of date I would think it is cheaper than the new version. I don't want to spend all that money on ver 4 just to use occasionally.

Christine

Christine,have you visited the Genuine Fractals,site,it is not called GF,though.But they have all the products there for downloading.Try google to find the site.

Thanks Christine I have already been on there but they only have ver 4 for download. I am after one of the earlier releases which because it would now be well out of date it would be very cheap. I only want to have the program for the occasional, use which would be very rare.

Expect approved retailers only sell latest version (and upgrades to latest) :C Maybe later the "lite" or limited edition version of release 4.0 will become available; understand previous lite versions limited size of input and output file to 10 and 64 MB resp. Or might get lucky on EBay...

If you're still considering alternatives, lots of useful info and links on this page :
http://www.americaswonderlands.com/digital_photo_interpolation.htm

QImage and PhotoMagic (by Shortcut which is responsible for Photozoom/S-Spline) offer advanced interpolation as well as other functionality. Maybe if originals are of good quality and don't need drastic resampling, IrfanView might suffice?

Best of luck.

Warning! This thread is more than 19 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back