• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Red-billed Leiothrix (1 Viewer)

alibenn

Registered Member
Hi all,

my first post, just back from a week in the mountains of Hubei, Central China. Here is one of the many pleasures we encountered.

Cheers,

AB

Attachments

• RbLeio00476_RJ.jpg
    RbLeio00476_RJ.jpg
    68.3 KB · Views: 280
hi alibenn,

what a fantastic bird and a great picture of it - makes me think that i need to get to central china one day.

luke

You don't have to go as far as China to enjoy this little beauty - apparently the species has just been added to Category C of the French list on the basis of a population of 1,000+ birds around Pau (and elsewhere). See BirdingWorld Vol17 No 2 p88. John

A really beautiful bird. I hope this means that it's range is increasing.....perhaps the UK one day, you never know. Just look at the Collared Dove....

Warning! This thread is more than 20 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back