• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Pentax DCF-HS? (1 Viewer)

Equivalent Nikon ATB's are a bit lighter with a little bit more FOV. Cost a little bit more.
(Thought I'd put in my 2 bits!)
Bob|=\|

Well, on that note, I am going to have to grab one when the time comes. The HS was too attractive even without complete waterproofing. Since that issue has now been resolved there really is absolutely nothing not to like about them.

I think Frank means "absolutely nothing not to dislike" ;)

Last edited:
Yes, nothing to turn me off from buying one. ;)

Bob,

Actually the image quality of the little HS is a bit better than the Monarch of equivalent size. The image is flatter with better edge sharpness. Plus, at least for me, the ergonomics of the HS are much better.

Actually the image quality of the little HS is a bit better than the Monarch of equivalent size. The image is flatter with better edge sharpness. Plus, at least for me, the ergonomics of the HS are much better.

I agree. I like the view better than the bigger Diamondback too. Bit redder.

It'll be interesting to see how they compare with the new 2009 Diamondback especially the Diamondback 7x36 which seems to be the closest competitor (any relation, I wonder?).

Last edited:
I agree. I like the view better than the bigger Diamondback too. Bit redder.

It'll be interesting to see how they compare with the new 2009 Diamondback especially the Diamondback 7x36 which seems to be the closest competitor (any relation, I wonder?).

Oh, I can smell the next round of binocular comparisons on the air....

;)

Now there is a good idea. Do you think Steve will hit him up with that request or maybe one of the two of us could do it. ;)

Warning! This thread is more than 15 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back