• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Swift Sea Hawk 7x50 Ba If (1 Viewer)

Bencw

I bought this lovely old Swift Sea Hawk, model 753A, from the same collection dispersal as the Zeiss 7x40 I posted today. It is mint, never used, boxed with all accessories and paperwork. I have been selling of some of my collection as I need space, but I just could not bring myself to pass these by. Very much the same military spec as my Bushnell US Navy navigator 7x50, and the Fuji AR, but without reticle, like those it was made by Kamakura Koki Co. Ltd. JB 133. It gives a very good sharp image, but to my eye my Bushnell seems marginally brighter, and feels a little lighter. FOV is 393ft@1000yds, nitrogen filled, waterproof. Not sure of the weight, but it does feel heavy. Nice binocular, but the best Swift IF 7x50 I have seen is the superb Storm King MK11, it is bigger and heavier, but optically superior to this, even though it's older.

https://www.flickr.com/photos/95019762@N07/with/31536730792/

Attachments

• SWIFT-SEA HAWK 7X50 BA IF.JPG
    SWIFT-SEA HAWK 7X50 BA IF.JPG
    115.6 KB · Views: 185
  • SWIFT-SEA HAWK 7X50 BA IF..JPG
    SWIFT-SEA HAWK 7X50 BA IF..JPG
    109.6 KB · Views: 179
  • SWIFT-SEA HAWK 7X50 BA IF...JPG
    SWIFT-SEA HAWK 7X50 BA IF...JPG
    135.3 KB · Views: 198
  • SWIFT-SEA HAWK 7X50 BA IF....JPG
    SWIFT-SEA HAWK 7X50 BA IF....JPG
    123.5 KB · Views: 195
  • SWIFT-SEA HAWK 7X50 BA IF.....JPG
    SWIFT-SEA HAWK 7X50 BA IF.....JPG
    92.6 KB · Views: 177
Last edited:
Warning! This thread is more than 7 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back