Join for FREE
It only takes a minute!
Magnifying the passion for nature. Zeiss Victory Harpia 95. New!

Welcome to BirdForum.
BirdForum is the net's largest birding community, dedicated to wild birds and birding, and is absolutely FREE! You are most welcome to register for an account, which allows you to take part in lively discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.

Old Saturday 10th June 2006, 13:54   #1
advid

1.4x and 2.0x TC's

For the past couple of months for 'birding' ..I've been using an old (from ebay) Sigma 400mm f5.6 Apo Macro (prime) lens with my Nikon D50. Very pleased.

I purchased a Kenko 1.4 x TC and again - very good results - hardly noticeable drop in quality...

There's never enough range for birds - so I ordered and just (today) received a Kenko 2x TC and have just been out for a 'trial run' - not a lot of birds but a few test shots have proved to be 'spot on' - again very little loss in quality. As long as the light is good focussing is OK and fully Auto.

Many people on here and other forums say 'don't bother with a X2 - too much quality loss'....

Just to let people on here know - with my combination - i'm extremely pleased.... I had visions of putting the X2 on the camera and being disappointed ... No - the exact opposite !

Just goes to prove that 'experts' sometimes give opinions without trying the goods.... Anyone in doubt over a x2 -- I say --- go for it !!!!
Old Saturday 10th June 2006, 19:35   #2
BenBirding

2x T-cons can produce excellent results, if used behind a good lens, typically prime lenses.
Would you mind posting example shots?
Old Sunday 11th June 2006, 08:49   #3
advid

x2 TC....

...I've only had the X2 for a day.... When I get a few decent bird shots i'll put them into my gallery on here...

Quote:
Originally Posted by BenBirding
2x T-cons can produce excellent results, if used behind a good lens, typically prime lenses.
Would you mind posting example shots?
Advertisement

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: