• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

BTO Migration Watch (1 Viewer)

andythomas

Is anyone else in the UK sending in records to the BTO's Migration Watch survey.

If not, now is the time to register:

http://www.bto.org/migwatch/index.htm

Even if you haven't seen any summer migrants yet it's not too early to send in your records. They want to hear about sightings of winter visitors such as Redwing, Fieldfare and Brambling as well.

Yes Andy i am sending in records to the BTO after every trip, the first spring migrants will here very shortly, so it is important that as many Bird Forum members register on the BTO site as possibe, for those who have not, please use the link that Andy has provided.

Many thanks

I did it last year, don't the BTO get in touch automatically, as I am doing the Garden Birdwatch, I thought they'd e-mail me when the time came?

The BTO according to reports have started the watch earlier this year as the reports of Spring movements were happening earlier than normal across europe.....

We should get as many uk members as possible to register and take part.

songbird said:
I did it last year, don't the BTO get in touch automatically, as I am doing the Garden Birdwatch, I thought they'd e-mail me when the time came?

Hi Songbird

Thanks for your email. We (the BTO) do automatically email existing users of Migration Watch. I sent an email out last week but had hundreds of 'bounced-back' emails because people change their email address and don't tell us.

Use this link http://blx1.bto.org/migwatch/ and then click on 'My details' and use the link to update email. That might be why you didn't get an email from us?

If not, then apologies.

Best wishes
Dawn Balmer
Migration Watch Organiser

Hi Dawn
Well I got your email, mine didn't bounce back! But I expect you realise that the message you have replied to on here was last years? Time flies doesn't it!

Warning! This thread is more than 20 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back