• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Bargain offers on books (1 Viewer)

Steve Lister

Senior Birder, ex County Recorder, Garden Moths.
United Kingdom
Bibliophile Books currently have the Van Perlo Field Guide to South American Passerines on offer at just £8 plus postage (£2.80 if you order via Amazon). It usually sells at about £27 so a good offer for a useful book.

Steve

Mine just came this morning. Illustrations are mainly a bit sketchy and nothing like as good as the Ridgeley and Tudor book but for £8 it is worth having as it is comprehensive in coverage.

Steve

Mine just came this morning. Illustrations are mainly a bit sketchy and nothing like as good as the Ridgeley and Tudor book but for £8 it is worth having as it is comprehensive in coverage.

Steve

Hmm, has to be questionable then as to how useful it is in ID'ing the really tricky species?

Have to agree though as we both said above, for this price, you may as well have it and I just bought it for £9.79.

Eyes open now for the non passerine volume for a similar price.

Cheers

A

Last edited:
I started this thread hoping that anyone who comes across a bargain offer could mention it here, not just for this one example.

Feel free to use it !

Steve

Bloomsbury have their annual pre-Christmas 45% off sale on at the moment (until this Sunday).

Some good deals on Helm ID guides (e.g. Aus bird guide for £14) and the Poyser series but, unfortunately, it doesn't extend to pre-publication offers on the books I am waiting for in early-2018!

Bloomsbury have their annual pre-Christmas 45% off sale on at the moment (until this Sunday).

Some good deals on Helm ID guides (e.g. Aus bird guide for £14) and the Poyser series but, unfortunately, it doesn't extend to pre-publication offers on the books I am waiting for in early-2018!

Thank You, Matt.

Just ordered the Australian Bird Guide for £16.70, inc. P&P.

Bob Flood has reduced the price on the superb Albatrosses issue of the Multimedia north Atlantic seabirds series - and it will not be reprinted once stocks are sold out. £24.99 on his website.

Steve

Bargain books

Can suggest, www. Anybook biz. UK. with New Naturalist and some Poysers, starting at
£0 01.

Attachments

• rsz_img_20180105_111206.jpg
    rsz_img_20180105_111206.jpg
    62.9 KB · Views: 43
I don't know if ALL 'bookies' are the same, but ex library stock and the stamps and labels within are a bit of a no-no.

Good for a field guide or similar but not a collection e.g Poysers

A

PostScript books have a limited quantity of new bird books but are worth a look. Birds Of West Africa and Birds Of The West Indies are worth considering. Although dated these two volumes are superb still. Type birds in the search box.

Last edited:
Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back