• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

'Images' (1 Viewer)

Arrived back in UK yesterday....very weary and knackered as one would expect after endless hours of tedious traveling...[i still don't understand why airlines can't just give you a 'knock-out' pill when you board]..:smoke:
My head is still 'anyhow'...especially with the clocks going back....it is Sunday today isn't it..??!
Had a quick run thru of my Cuban images but my brain isn't functioning 'normally' :eek!:..at present so i'll just put a few ordinary pix up.

I must say that i was very impressed with 'the place'...very friendly people...especially the fellow we met in the Camaguey region..Pedro Regalado. He was one of the last guys to have actually seen an Ivory Billed Woodpecker back in 1987...fantastic bloke...[so i attach a pic of him holding stuffed Giant and Loggerhead Kingbirds]...for no particular reason!

ps..the 'light' on the exterior of his house attracted my attention...so i attach a couple of pix..

pps....there is much more to follow after i sort my pix and head out...
[hope you folks are all well]....has Spring arrived yet? Ha!

Attachments

• 019 - Copy.jpg
    019 - Copy.jpg
    58.9 KB · Views: 57
  • 015 - Copy.JPG
    015 - Copy.JPG
    62.1 KB · Views: 42
  • 023 - Copy.JPG
    023 - Copy.JPG
    89.6 KB · Views: 46
  • 021 - Copy.JPG
    021 - Copy.JPG
    49.4 KB · Views: 45
Just before i lapse further into a waking coma...here's just a few images that interested me....palm trees...their textures and forms...

Attachments

• 011 - Copy.JPG
    011 - Copy.JPG
    133 KB · Views: 43
  • 012 - Copy.JPG
    012 - Copy.JPG
    119.5 KB · Views: 50
  • 014 - Copy.JPG
    014 - Copy.JPG
    153.6 KB · Views: 61
  • 043 - Copy.JPG
    043 - Copy.JPG
    87.7 KB · Views: 43
Third image in my last post [of an ant's nest within palm stump] just reminded me of a structure i saw whilst in Havana!

The scaffolding in this pic has obviously been around a long time...!

Attachments

• 067 - Copy.JPG
    067 - Copy.JPG
    166.8 KB · Views: 53
Now i meant to put the clocks forwards last night...but with my brain so addled....i put my timepieces 'back'...:smoke: No wonder i'm unusually befuddled today...[yep...stupid]!! Up...down...backwards forwards...tis all the same to me at the moment....B :)

Anyway...just been goin thru a few more images....and i've just returned from me mates house where we've been goin thru some of his stuff....[he's got some crackin bird photo's which i am encouraging him to put on-line]...hope he does...

This 'lot' of attachments is all snake.....[a constrictor of some sort i believe]...marvelous creature...which i couldn't resist stroking....:eek!:

Attachments

• DSC03534 - Copy.JPG
    DSC03534 - Copy.JPG
    128.2 KB · Views: 52
  • DSC03537 - Copy.JPG
    DSC03537 - Copy.JPG
    65.2 KB · Views: 56
  • DSC03535 - Copy.JPG
    DSC03535 - Copy.JPG
    52.7 KB · Views: 57
  • DSC03536 - Copy.JPG
    DSC03536 - Copy.JPG
    75.2 KB · Views: 48
so much to look at here, I just didn't leave a comment! How rude of me! Fascinating how the snake says snake just through its texture, no need to see the whole thing, love all the conflicting angles in the shadows on the walls, and overgrown scaffold is great.

Very nice, lovely tree too.
I don´t suppose you also took any photos of local spiders?

My friend took a couple of shots of one particular spider Mosca....i didn't take pix as i couldn't get, what i would call, an artistic 'angle'...!!

I did snap this 'beasty' tho......

ps...Nick....loads more 'stuff' to follow...the light was fantastic and in particular on the snake....[and like you say...one doesn't have to see the whole creature to get the essence].....i always prefer 'suggestive' subjects...if you know what i mean...

Attachments

• DSC03545 - Copy.JPG
    DSC03545 - Copy.JPG
    62.2 KB · Views: 51
Ah great!! Looks like a stilpnochlora couloniana?
I have a young one on me desk here, though I have never seen them in the wild.
Lovely photographs all round though. I especially like some of the trees and dry river bank.

Ah great!! Looks like a stilpnochlora couloniana?
I have a young one on me desk here, though I have never seen them in the wild.
Lovely photographs all round though. I especially like some of the trees and dry river bank.

The tree structures are fascinating as always....in particular the strangler fig...

ps....the circular 'image' is what remains of a 'strangler' having done it's dastardly work....!

pps...thanks SoliaryV......i think it's good to be back...? The current weather here in UK is not quite as clement as in Cuba...! Ah well....

ppps...have a guess what owl species is depicted in last image....;)

Attachments

• 044 - Copy.JPG
    044 - Copy.JPG
    133.8 KB · Views: 35
  • 060 - Copy.JPG
    060 - Copy.JPG
    102.5 KB · Views: 37
  • 030 - Copy.JPG
    030 - Copy.JPG
    66.8 KB · Views: 36
  • 057 - Copy.JPG
    057 - Copy.JPG
    88.8 KB · Views: 37
do long-eared exist in Cuba?

Not like this one Nick..!

I attach my mates photo's....[as he still hasn't got round to doing his own thread yet]....he's got some stunning photo's which i hope he soon 'puts out'...they certainly deserve a wider audience...!

Stygian Owl.....a most magnificent creature...and one of the best looking owls i've seen....

ps...apologies to me mate...i just couldn't resist showing folk these...now get your a*** in gear and set a thread up...;)

Attachments

• IMG_0128-Stygian-Owl-REFWeb.jpg
    IMG_0128-Stygian-Owl-REFWeb.jpg
    69.5 KB · Views: 51
  • IMG_0128-Stygian-Owl-web.jpg
    IMG_0128-Stygian-Owl-web.jpg
    61.2 KB · Views: 44
Just a little Cuban 'color'......[sort of 'wildlife']...?B :)

ps...they were very good musicians actually...playing in a cafe....

pps...the cafe food was rubbish tho..!:eat:

Attachments

• 076 - Copy - Copy.JPG
    076 - Copy - Copy.JPG
    105.1 KB · Views: 42
The tree structures are fascinating as always....in particular the strangler fig...

ps....the circular 'image' is what remains of a 'strangler' having done it's dastardly work....!

pps...thanks SoliaryV......i think it's good to be back...? The current weather here in UK is not quite as clement as in Cuba...! Ah well....

ppps...have a guess what owl species is depicted in last image....;)

A tree image here taken on a recent trip to Co. Wicklow in Ireland, recently got a 50mm lens for the camera and very much enjoy it...

Attachments

• Photo blog 5.jpg
    Photo blog 5.jpg
    253.2 KB · Views: 45
A tree image here taken on a recent trip to Co. Wicklow in Ireland, recently got a 50mm lens for the camera and very much enjoy it...

Beautiful pic 'buzzard'.....i like...a lot..!:t:

Re 'trees'....here's a couple of images i think [perhaps] highlighting their many excellent forms...[apart from the last pic...where i was just carrying on in oriental fashion...for some unknown reason]...:smoke:

Attachments

• DSC03540 - Copy.JPG
    DSC03540 - Copy.JPG
    56 KB · Views: 37
  • DSC03547 - Copy.JPG
    DSC03547 - Copy.JPG
    155.3 KB · Views: 42
  • DSC03542 - Copy.JPG
    DSC03542 - Copy.JPG
    49.3 KB · Views: 45
Lots of interesting images coming from this latest trip, welcome home.

Mike

Cheers Woody!

As i am still in 'overseas trip' mode...just thought i'd post a few more images trying to get the flavor of our venture....[not what one might call wildlife art...but hey]..;)

This sequence of images just sums up part of our stay in Cuba....;)
Shadows in hotel lobbies....etc....

Attachments

• DSC03563.JPG
    DSC03563.JPG
    131.8 KB · Views: 34
  • DSC03564 - Copy.JPG
    DSC03564 - Copy.JPG
    121.2 KB · Views: 34
  • DSC03567.JPG
    DSC03567.JPG
    114.4 KB · Views: 42
  • DSC03565 - Copy.JPG
    DSC03565 - Copy.JPG
    71.4 KB · Views: 38
  • DSC03599.JPG
    DSC03599.JPG
    36.1 KB · Views: 37
Warning! This thread is more than 11 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back