• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Experience new birding (2 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.
is that the best they can do?

Yawn.

At least there's no room on the objective end for real, slip-over ocular covers.

Sheesh. Optics in the world are improving while the accessories are going backwards. The FL-style slip overs are perfect, but apparently Ziess decided to reinvent the wheel with concrete.

Lets wait for the spec. but in the meantime its a triple bridge, not a twin like EL, and it looks like there is room for a reliable focusing mechanism.

Lee

Last edited:
;)
Lets wait for the spec. but in the meantime its a triple bridge, not a twin like EL, and it looks like there is room for a reliable focusing mechanism.

Lee

Yeah, cuz my SV's just don't work. ;)

Let's face it: it's an 8x32 SV with an extra two ounces of "clunk."

Mark

Unless it's an 8x35.;)

Last edited:
Yeah, cuz my SV's just don't work. ;)

Let's face it: it's an 8x32 SV with an extra two ounces of "clunk."

Mark

LOL.

Most ELs work just fine, in their own, quaint little way Mark, but the world never stops moving......... :smoke:

Lee

I'm pretty let down too but another take would be its a SV with a SMOOTH focuser (having read several pages on here about the bad focus mechanisms, and I believe seeing one audio recording of one posted!)

Kudos however to drwatsonbirder for getting the scoop.

Nor do I. Back from Ohio, next to Iowa, then to California, then to the Outer Banks, then to Yellowstone, then to...somewhere or other, ask my wife, she handles these things. ;)

I'll let everyone know when the SV's give me trouble, when the "Achilles' Heel" sets in.

Mark

I thought the Outer Banks went bust in the financial crisis B :)

By all means let us know when the SV's go pop, and of course we hope we never hear from you. Actually I didn't mean that quite as it sounds but you know what I mean :-O

Lee

Ooops… it's that countdown clock again…. !
No press release.
No specs.
No nothin'
Didn't they learn how not to intro a new product by now?

There is nothing new under the sun and one could just as easily accuse the SLC of being a Dialyt clone for having Abbe-Koenig prisms.

Lee

Check with Brock to see if Swarovski can sue them for the open bridge design like they were supposed to have sued Nikon for their EDG I design.:eek!::eek!:

Bob

Looks like Orniwelt has removed the general description of the SF series that was on their website earlier. I ran a google translation, which I can no longer retrieve, but the main points of interest were: Schmidt-Pechan prisms even in the 42mm models, fiber reinforced polymer bodies, no special claims, at least in that material, for field flatness, FOVs are said to be "wide angle", but no specs given.

8x42, 148m/1000m, 64 grad, 780gr., 2389 Euro.

There will apparently be an 8x32, a 10x32, an 8x42 and a 10x42.

Hermann

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back