• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Paramo Cascada trousers (1 Viewer)

Before I stump up around £100 for a pair of these I'd appreciate a few "yes but no but yes but no buts" from fellow readers! Worth the money? Does what it says on the tin etc.

rainbowpitta said:
Before I stump up around £100 for a pair of these I'd appreciate a few "yes but no but yes but no buts" from fellow readers! Worth the money? Does what it says on the tin etc.
We were lucky and got the first of our pairs (for my wife) a lot cheaper from eBay. That first buy was what made me put them on my own Christmas list! They are worth the cost - they are rustle free, very comfortable, very durable and fully waterproof. They'll last for years. A good company to deal with, too - very ethically minded.

The Cascada Trousers are worth every penny of the £100.

In the past year I have bought the Cascada Jacket, Cascada Trousers, Taiga Fleece and most recently the Tiempo Fleece. All are outstanding products in my opinion. As an active birder myself, I would recommend Paramo gear to anyone with a serious interest in the outdoors.

Regards,

Bill.

the thing with paramo is the price varies so much with offers
two web sites worth a look are whalley warm and dry
and the mountain factor in keswick
whalley warm and dry are doing the trousers for £85 at the moment
after christmas seems a good time for bargains if you live near the lake district
a good point with paramo is it is very quiet and rustle free and it breathes well

I've got the Fuera trousers Jacket & Smock, Cascada coat, Explorer pull-on, Tiempo fleece, Cambia underwear....brilliant gear - sooooo comfortable.
I'd have bought the Cascada trousers if I didn't already have a pair of Craghopper ridge waterproofs which are really good but don't have side zips.
If I were to start over I'd only buy Paramo as it suits me being stationary for long periods (it's warm gear) - if you can wait for it (like I did) it's not expensive if you buy last years colour.

Paramo kit

Chris Oates said:
I've got the Fuera trousers Jacket & Smock, Cascada coat, Explorer pull-on, Tiempo fleece, Cambia underwear....brilliant gear - sooooo comfortable.
I'd have bought the Cascada trousers if I didn't already have a pair of Craghopper ridge waterproofs which are really good but don't have side zips.
If I were to start over I'd only buy Paramo as it suits me being stationary for long periods (it's warm gear) - if you can wait for it (like I did) it's not expensive if you buy last years colour.

I decided to pass on the Cascada trousers. I thought they were quite superb but for one fault; they are simply not 'deep enough for me. Holding back a flood of ribald comments here :) I found that they were too shallow and would have proved rather uncomfortable after walking a modest distance in them.

I can however endorse the Trail shirt. I bought one, and it is a first rate piece of kit that functions well with my Alta2 jacket.

Warning! This thread is more than 17 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back