• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

advice please on goldfinch with broken wing (1 Viewer)

catvanet

Hello to all - I am new here, and am asking advice on how to care for a goldfinch with a broken wing - just found it outside the house and it can fly a bit, but quickly lands crookedly on he ground - take to vet in morning? Have it in the bathroom, it is perching -

Thanks for any help -

Your bird is probably very traumatized and stressed. I would get it to a rehabber as soon as possible. I don't know if your vet would operate on a bird, but find out. DO NOT FEED THE BIRD.

I think the best thing to do would be to let nature take its course, but seeing as its already inside, find out if your vet will help it

Last edited:
Warning! This thread is more than 17 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back