• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Pentax K100D Super out of stock everywhere?? (1 Viewer)

amelia1730

Can anyone tell me when/where I shall be able to buy a Pentax K100D Super? Took me ages to decide which DSLR to go for and now I have decided I can't get one for love nor money! I do an internet trawl most days in case I've missed somewhere and sometimes it will list places like Comet but when I then phone to check they are out of stock also........... Sometimes the odd one pops up for £150 or more than the usual price on a website but I'm not prepared to pay that much over the top for one.

Is there a BF member working in the photo world who can enlighten me as to when and where more stock will arrive? I realise it's a good quality, well priced entry level DSLR which has received very good reviews in the photo mags and I am not alone in wanting one.

Maybe too late!

With the introduction of the 200 and 20, it was clear to me the 100 would not be around for long. They are in the ARGOS cat, (they are the 100D super) but the stock levels come and go. I got mine for £250, Amazon show some sellers at £350. I can only suggest, look for those who sell for changing up to the 200, or look for a 200 at a sensible price. Best of luck, but you may have waited too long for the 100D.

Thanks Peter - you're a star! I hadn't checked out Argos. Have just reserved one at £279 which I'm happy with. Says it comes with the 18-55 lens. Fingers crossed that my hubby can pick it up for me later today.
Are you happy with your choice of the 100D Super? I still have my old trusty Pentax K1000 manual SLR in the cupboard (which is soon going up for sale! - the camera not the cupboard!!) so have a good zoom lens to use with the 100D Super. Once again, thanks for the info .....

additional info

I just bought the body, I got it from Park Camera's post free. Like the camera a lot. I also got memory a 4G transcend class 6 from Amazon. These can be mounted using FAT32( filing system) which the camera also supports as well as FAT. I bought 2700 Ni-mh Hanel from Amazon, to operate the camera. Beware you will not get full length operation as the camera will stop due to the voltage on these being lower than Alkaline. However the rate they go through Alkaline you will appreciate the NI-MH very quickly. There is a link in one of the threads on this site to dpreview . I think it is the one about using old K lens, on it a user lists the command setup for manual lens operation of K mount lens. I assume you will use K mount as you have a K1000 already.

Yes, I have printed off the thread about using the old lenses & manual op. Very good it is too. Hubby picked the camera up from Argos this afternoon for me for £279.99. I'm set up with rechargeable batteries already so hopefully they will be satisfactory. My compact Canon A95 eats them very quickly so will be interested to see what the Pentax does. I have just been reading the manual and can't wait to play but unfortunately (I knew this before purchase) as I use Windows 98SE can't use it yet. Will be purchasing new PC very soon though and will have to get to grips with Vista! Once again, thanks for your post this morning - delighted to have found one in stock and at a price lower than I had seen previously!

Warning! This thread is more than 16 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back