• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Stanwick GP Gulls (1 Viewer)

Northern123

Hi,

I'm going to be in the area this weekend and was thinking of dropping in to Stanwick to see if I could find the Caspian and Yellow-legged gulls that have been reported recently. I've never been before and it looks a big area on the map. Does anyone have any tips as to which area and what time of day the gulls favour? Where is it best to park as well?

Any advice would be really appreciated.

Thanks,

Ian

Hi Northern, sorry about the lack of response, I guess the people that cover the gulls at Stanwick are too busy birding to visit this forum. I'm a very infrequent visitor to this site but believe that the gulls mostly roost on the main lake. I think you can park in the lay-by on the A45 or at the visitor centre though this is pay and display. Sorry if this all seems a little vague and hopefully someone a little better informed than I might chip in. There does seem to have been good numbers of Y.L.Gulls and at least one Caspian this week so good luck.

James.

Warning! This thread is more than 9 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back