• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

My best pentax pic todate!!! (1 Viewer)

doug_newman

Hi all.

This is by far the best pic I have taken with my K100D yet. This was just with the cheap 75-300mm FAJ lens.

Attachments

• rockjumper.jpg
    rockjumper.jpg
    272.5 KB · Views: 254
K100D latest shot.

Doug

This is impressive.

Thanks for your reply to my mail. Ive managed to get hold of an A50 F1.7 and just beginning to get some saveable shots, all hand held.

My biggest problem is no green indicator when focused, so I am relying on what looks like a sharp image in the VF using the scope to focus with the camera set to infinity. The green illuminates OK when not using the scope (manual focus). Do you notice the same?

Thanks

Tony

Yes I have that as well when digiscoping. Very few cameras will lock focus properly through a scope. I switch to manual focus and use the focus on the scope take lots of shots and refocus often. That way some of them will be awesome.

Warning! This thread is more than 17 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back