• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Griswold's Nethy Bridge Vacation May/June 2014 (1 Viewer)

Some Bonxies:

Attachments

• IMG_5316.JPG
    IMG_5316.JPG
    493.5 KB · Views: 22
  • IMG_5320.JPG
    IMG_5320.JPG
    418.4 KB · Views: 19
  • IMG_5323.JPG
    IMG_5323.JPG
    519.1 KB · Views: 16
  • IMG_5324.JPG
    IMG_5324.JPG
    315.2 KB · Views: 14
And the last one - I promise - just because I liked the view. To sum up. Nethy Bridge is a great place to base yourself if you have your family with you or, even if you don't. Links to the cottages we used are here:

www.strathnethyholidays.com/
www.nethybridge.com/accommodation/6-lynstock-park/

www.nethybridge.com also gives some other great choices.

Both cottages that we used were fully equipped and very clean. If I had to give an edge it would be to Bynackbeg as the wildlife was slightly better. Lynstock Park is probably better for two families to share though. Both owners are very helpful. Ian at Bynackbeg has a great knowledge of the local birds. If anyone has any queries re. the properties used then feel free to PM me. Hope it hasn't been too boring.

Rich

Attachments

• IMG_5433.JPG
    IMG_5433.JPG
    424 KB · Views: 28
Great photos and write-up and nice to see some familiar views.

Not wishing to rain on your parade though, but isn't the eagle in post #91 a White-tailed eagle?

Great photos and write-up and nice to see some familiar views.

Not wishing to rain on your parade though, but isn't the eagle in post #91 a White-tailed eagle?

Plus one for white-tailed - look at the short, wedge-shaped tail

Still wish I had seen it though - missed WTE this year though birding time was severely hampered by the driver of a camper van falling asleep at the wheel and totalling our car:C:C:C:C:C:C

Gordon

Hi both. Funnily enough we both commented on the wedge shape of the tail at the time. Given where we were we both thought it was still a Goldie. I know Ian got some shots as well so feel free to add them here Ian.

Rich

Plus one for white-tailed - look at the short, wedge-shaped tail

Still wish I had seen it though - missed WTE this year though birding time was severely hampered by the driver of a camper van falling asleep at the wheel and totalling our car:C:C:C:C:C:C

Gordon
The main thing is that you came out ok Gordon. :t:

Rich

Warning! This thread is more than 10 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back