• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Where is the location for Springwatch 2014 going to be? (1 Viewer)

I went to minsmere in 2012 and seen my 1st kingfisher 1st avocet and 1st bittern .i had 3 great days birdwatching there as I never been there before.great time I had .

Does anyone know anything what's happening about the webcams on Springwatch this year, as I've asked the BBC Springwatch Production team about this 10 days ago on their website and I also emailed them, and I've never had a reply from them at all.
Ian.

I was at Minsmere several times during last week and visited all but the canopy hide. We didn't see any 'nest-cams' but there were several small canvas 'hides': one was positioned by the Stone Curlews nest another in front of the Bitteren hide, possibly watching Cettis, and another on the scrape close to Avocets. Wether these are webcams, I've no idea. Incidentally, two new (temporary) hides have been built on the scrape and a new wooden building, referred to by RSPB staff as the Springwatch Hut has been built at the top of Whin Hill.

Dave

Warning! This thread is more than 10 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back