• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Stay on case (2 Viewers)

wilder1957 said:
Anyone out there know if a case for a Swarovski ATS 80 would fit a Nikon 78ED?

Chris
Chris

Some weeks ago Bill Lord told us he had bought an Opticron Imagic 80 stay-on-case for his ED78 angled. I think his came from InFocus, Denby Dale.

Following his advice I got one from Warehoue Express (I needed something else from them, and of course if it didn't suit WE would let me return it), it cost about £50.

It's absolutley fine though it makes it a bit more difficult to focus using my left hand. At least one other person followed Bill's advice and seemed equally pleased. There must be a thread somewhere.

Bill

Nick-on said:
Searching the web recently came across a site (in th USA) selling Vue-Thru cases for the Nikon 78ED, even allowing for shipping charges it only worked out at about £50 (do you have to pay VAT or duty on them?) here is the web address http://www.binoculars.com/products/Nikon_VUE-THRU_Case_for_Fieldscope_78mm_143.html. Don't know if they are any good or not?

It looks good, I would have tried that if I had been able to find it, the only problems with the imagic case are that it restricts access to the focussing wheel slightly and that it makes turning the scope through 90 degrees a little more difficult. But when I bought it it was a lot better than having no SOC.

Warning! This thread is more than 20 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back