• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Warbler, Lesvos, May 2013 (1 Viewer)

myoudale

Hi,

Just wondering if anyone would like to comment on this warbler which I saw a few days ago in Lesvos.
The bird was in full song, often in dense cover.
I ID'd it as a certain species but after reviewing the photos im less convinced.

Thanks

Mike

Attachments

• IMG_5157ed.jpg
    IMG_5157ed.jpg
    144.9 KB · Views: 116
  • IMG_5146ed.jpg
    IMG_5146ed.jpg
    140.7 KB · Views: 123
After reviewing the photos I thought the same.

The bird wasn't singing like a Oli though and it was mainly that which got me thinking other things.

The song was just so loud and during it there was a lot of that low pitch tongue clicking noise.

Another thing in reviewing the pics tho is the length and size of that bill in the first photo, its really long!

Another feature which you can just see in the photo is the pale fringing to the tertials....

Last edited:
The bill size can vary quite a bit we've seen some EOW's with enormous looking bills on here. I can't see anything to suggest anything other than EOW.

Warning! This thread is more than 11 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back