• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Hi from Aberdeen (1 Viewer)

douglasjt

Just a quick note to say hi, having just found this forum. I can tell I'm going to spend quite a while going through the various forums and scanning, from what I've seen so far, what is a superb resource for every bird watcher.

I wouldn't describe myself as an experienced bird watcher by any means but love being out there, no matter what I see. Am currently using a Canon Powershot S1 IS digital camera but am getting very frustrated with zoom limitations and think I'll soon be moving up to an SLR digi camera so that I can start experimenting with decent lenses. From what I've seen this is a popular topic of discussion so guess what I'll be reading first?! I'm looking at the Canon EOS 350D and Nikon D70s at the moment - anyone have any suggestions as to which is the best of the two?

Hope to be more involved soon!

Doug

Hi Doug and a warm welcome to you from those of us on staff here at BirdForum :t:

As you have already seen, there is a vast amount of information on just about any nature/optic topic you are thinking about ;)

Hi Doug and welcome to Bird Forum - I'm sure you will enjoy it here. There are quite a few members from your area on the Forum too.

Check out this thread:

http://www.birdforum.net/showthread.php?t=48707

you would be welcome if you wanted to join us.

D

Hi, Doug! Another warm welcome to you from BirdForum!

If you don't get many replies to your camera question here, be sure to post a query in the equipment forums. I know you'll get lots of response there. :t:

Hello From Aberdeen

Welcome to BF and I am sure you shall soon be getting involved.The forum is the perfect site for the 3 Ds...Discussion,Debate and Desperation..! Some very knowledgeable members from Grampian are just a click away.

Many thanks to everyone for the warm welcome. I'm still working my way through all the excellent discussion but it's great to know there are so many friendly folk out there!

For all those from the Aberdeen area, I actually stay in Newtonhill and frequent Fowlsheugh quite often - anyone else from south of Aberdeen?

Warning! This thread is more than 18 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back