• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Crunch time - £200 to spend ? (1 Viewer)

mrlimbo

Ok , now ive got the money to buy some new bins , if you seen my other posts , you know ive been looking @

Nikon Monarchs 10x42
Pentax 10x42 DCF HR II or like ?
Opticrons ?

Well im still not sure ? also "Minox" BR/BL can be had for another £20 !

Now lets say you had £220 , what would you buy ? doesnt have to be any of the above.

It would be easy if i could go and try these/others out but i cant so its internet only , but i have thought about contacting the dealers to see if i can order/pay for 2 pairs then send one back.

Difficult. There are differences. If you like 10x42, there are a number of similar priced units. Fov same as Monarch, no less. I had trouble finding all the models to look at, ended up with Zeiss 10x40. Not sure it was the best for the money...

I tried the Opticron Imagimagic (£139) in Focus at Slimbridige recently and I was really impressed. 8 * 42

I would have bought them there and then but my wife was with me :C

Warning! This thread is more than 17 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back