• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Male or Female ? (1 Viewer)

The wings and tail are female but the head looks very iffy. There is a hint of the grey/blue male head but the second black stripe and the other colours look odd. Where was the pic taken?

Eddie

Don't answer the last......I was thinking of Falco tinnunculus

Paul that is a lady falcon... pretty little bird eh?You captured great colours...

I agree, looking at my Sibleys a female. I may be wrong but looking at the book females have barred tail (as in picture) and males a solid black bar at the end.

Warning! This thread is more than 21 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back