• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Cascades 8x42 porro--why discontinued? (1 Viewer)

BobinKy

Does anyone know why Leupold discontinued the Cascades 8x42 internal focus porro? The view in the sweet spot is close to being perfect.

...Bob

The Cascades have a great view that is very pleasing-even if it is somewhat narrow. I do not notice it that much since the overall view is very good. I compared the Cascades to the Nikon 8x32 SE and to tell you the truth it did very well when compared to that venerable piece of glass.

I kept the Cascades and also a pair of Yosemite's and I am very satisfied. I have some other nice roof prism's, but could not justify keeping the SE's when the Cascades and the Yosemite's porro's were together half the price of the Nikon's and they are two bin's that serve a very good range of use and they do quite well in the rainy Northwest. For me this was one case where two pair of very good and functional binoculars trumped one pair of outstanding glass.

Warning! This thread is more than 14 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back