• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Kowa adapter rins (1 Viewer)

Marsh Warbler

Kowa adapter rings

I would need of a TSN-AR40.5 ring adapter but... it doesn't exist!
Kowa TSN-VA3 --> ring adapter --> Olympus Tough TG-1 iHS with CLA-T01

Not good solution (camera's lens probably too far from VA3 eyepiece):
Kowa TSN-VA3 --> TSN-AR46 --> 40.5 to 46 step up ring --> Olympus Tough TG-1 iHS with CLA-T01

Any other ideas?

Thank You!;)

Last edited:
Don't worry about the "lens to eyepiece distance" as the VA3 can be adjusted a long way, although it may be too much Eye Relief for the Olympus lens. Have you tested it out?
Neil.

Don't worry about the "lens to eyepiece distance" as the VA3 can be adjusted a long way, although it may be too much Eye Relief for the Olympus lens. Have you tested it out?
Neil.

Thank You Neil,
actually these are my "tools":
scope: kowa 883 + 20-60x + va3
photocamera: canon sx220hs
videocamera: panasonic tm700
adapter: vortex ps-100

I tested panasonic tm700 with va3 but vignetting is zero only when videocamera zoom is set at 2x (kowa va3 > ar46 > panasonic)
I tested canon sx220hs too (kowa va3 > ar52 > ps100 with 52mm plate > canon). No vignetting from... I don't remember... sorry! but I don't like adapters like the vortex (yes it's sturdy but extremely uneasy if you have a few seconds).

I'd like take videos so I'm searching a compact photocamera (lens smaller than mirrorless) with 1080p (possibly manual exposition), lcd fully articulated and filter thread on body... but actually it doesn't exist!

bye ;-)

I will be back in Tokyo Monday and will look into this. Meanwhile I have had success just holding the TG-1 directly on the Nikon mcii zoom with ed50.

Thank You Neil,
actually these are my "tools":
scope: kowa 883 + 20-60x + va3
photocamera: canon sx220hs
videocamera: panasonic tm700
adapter: vortex ps-100

I tested panasonic tm700 with va3 but vignetting is zero only when videocamera zoom is set at 2x (kowa va3 > ar46 > panasonic)
I tested canon sx220hs too (kowa va3 > ar52 > ps100 with 52mm plate > canon). No vignetting from... I don't remember... sorry! but I don't like adapters like the vortex (yes it's sturdy but extremely uneasy if you have a few seconds).

I'd like take videos so I'm searching a compact photocamera (lens smaller than mirrorless) with 1080p (possibly manual exposition), lcd fully articulated and filter thread on body... but actually it doesn't exist!

bye ;-)

Your prayers could have been answered with the new Nikon P7700.
I've used it's predecessor ,the P7000 with the VA3 with good results.
Neil

Yes, looks like you're right. A universal adapter will be necessary.
Neil.
Do you know adapter tube for Sony RX100 (yes, I know, no lcd fully articulated)? Thank You Neil!
Bye, Davide

Edit: I've read you use kowa 883 with 30x + swaro UCA + rx100. is swaro UCA compatible with kowa tsn-va3?

Last edited:
Warning! This thread is more than 12 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back