• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Oly E20 plus Mcon 35 (1 Viewer)

RoyH

Hi all,

Any E20 users tried and tested the Mcon 35 yet, I've asked this question on other forums with no luck so far. At the moment I am waiting for a reply from Olympus for more info on this macro lens.

I would appreciate any comments.

Roy.

Just got one for my E10 for insect photography but yet to use it.
Looks well made as with all things Olympus.

Will let you know how I get on

Mcon 35

Hello John
Most kind of you to reply and your the first. After posting this I went onto DPreview and its most interesting under Olympus SLR's and I found this site: http://www.wrotniak.net/photo/e10/index.html

After reading about the Mcon 35 I will be purchasing soon. I will be looking forwards to any results you have. I have been quite succesful so far just taking close ups using manual focus which disables the Macro mode.

Many thanks again, Roy.

Roy,

I have had the chance to take a few pictures with the Mcon 35 today and generally I am quite pleased with it. Like you I have had quite good results with the E10 on macro but wanted to get a bit closer.

It doesn't seem to matter whether macro is on or not and I have tried with auto focus on and off and again results are very similar. There is a lot of hunting for focus, however, with auto-focus and I find manual focus better.

I suspect it will be trial and error and familiarity with the gear which will get results

The on camera flash can be a problem when needed,however, as it can white out the subject. A bit of practise is probably the answer and in the longer term perhaps a ring-flash would be answer.

Best of luck

John

Mcon 35

Hello John
Thank you for your comments and I am pleased you were happy with those results.
I have had second thoughts since your first reply to my thread another project has come up so I am going on hold with purchase of the MCON 35.

I am thinking of putting my Swarovski 20X60 zoom eyepiece up for sale because I may upgrade if I can interest a buyer, I may try Ebay.

I would still like to see some of your macro results, I use the E20 and I am very pleased with it.

Thanks again John.

Roy.

Warning! This thread is more than 21 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back