• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Digiscoping with K100D - Awesome results (1 Viewer)

doug_newman

Here are some preliminary results hand held against the eyepiece with my new pentax K100D and my Pentax PF-80-ED scope.

The first picture is a first year Karoo Thrush (turdus smithi) and the second is a Common Myna (Acridotheres tristis) both photographed in my garden.

Attachments

• karoo1.jpg
    karoo1.jpg
    214.1 KB · Views: 258
  • myna1.jpg
    myna1.jpg
    144.6 KB · Views: 270
Doug,
Pretty good for hand holding. You're right to be delighted. Looking forward to seeing more. Did you play around with the Image Stabilising settings? Neil

I know these are not birds but this was a tough test I devised for testing the SR (shake reduction). - HAD HELD AT NIGHT WITH NO FLASH AND NO TRIPOD!!

Fountain1 has SR off, Fountain 2 and 3 have SR on.
Merry-Go-Round1 has SR off, merry-go-round2 has SR on.

The difference is obvious and I was shooting at between 1/2 and 1/4 of a second HANDHELD!!!

Attachments

• fountain1.jpg
    fountain1.jpg
    562.9 KB · Views: 181
  • fountain2.jpg
    fountain2.jpg
    562 KB · Views: 196
  • fountain3.jpg
    fountain3.jpg
    597.2 KB · Views: 166
  • merrygoround1.jpg
    merrygoround1.jpg
    551.5 KB · Views: 184
  • merrygoround2.jpg
    merrygoround2.jpg
    588.5 KB · Views: 186
Warning! This thread is more than 17 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back