• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Joint Thread (1 Viewer)

There was something off about the orcas so I made a couple of changes... The whales themselves didn't look 'wet' enough and the gulls in the background looked to be standing 'two-by-two', which didn't seem very natural, so I added a couple more. The image on the left is the updated version. It's also interesting to see how the camera has manipulated the colors. The updated version is actually a bit truer color wise.

That is amazing. I could look at it on a really hot day, and still feel cold from that icy water!

I've been busy painting these for a deadline for a Ducks Unlimited competition. The first is a group of five mallard on a calm morning and the next is a flock of American Wigeon (with 2 mallard thrown in) on a very cold morning. I have another deadline for a show submission today so back to it.:eek!:

Attachments

• DUsub2008mallsm.jpg
    DUsub2008mallsm.jpg
    79 KB · Views: 70
  • DUsubwigsm.jpg
    DUsubwigsm.jpg
    59.5 KB · Views: 73
It's suddenly got very cold in here! Of course, atmosphere springs straight to mind, but these ducks descending have a real sense of movement and direction, I imagine looking back a few seconds later to see they've all landed!

Beautiful, tranquil scenes. Particularly the one with the heavy fog -- mastery! And congrats on another Birds In Art entry as well.

Oooooh! Beautiful! I'll second what Nick said on looking away and then back, to see the birds would have landed.

Elina

Thanks everybody!! Here is a daily painting of a water buffalo. I am going to get back into these a bit more again.

Attachments

• Water Buffalo sm.jpg
    Water Buffalo sm.jpg
    89.4 KB · Views: 61
Oh yes. These landscapes containing birds are just exquisitely rendered. Just the right amount of detail to keep the eye moving across the painting, searching for juicy morsels of finery spread across the canvas, but with the freedom of expression in the composition to allow each piece to burst into life. Amazingly subtle colour and value changes in the atmospheric areas of water, fog, cloud, haze and sky by the unsurpassable master of these things!
Buffalo's nice too ;)

Fifty Thousand Views!!!!!!

Fifty Thousand Views!!!!!!
B :) B :) B :) B :) B :) B :) B :) B :)

Here's a toast to the best thread on BF.
Well done folks - a thread jam-packed with style, creativity, variety and enthusiasm.

Hear, hear!

Nothing encourages me on again when I hit a lull quite like the 'best bit' -- hands down my favourite site on the Net.

Keep on posting!

Just been looking back through this thread, had forgotten just how brilliant some of the artwork is on here. Great to see 50,000 views hit, imagine it will hit 100,000 before long, heres to all who have posted on here, Cheers!

Having been absent from BF for a long period of time, due to my commissions,
I managed now to find a bit of time to post recent pictures, both of field and studio work.
I can't estimate the moment of my next "appearance", but I promise to do my best.

Paschalis

PS:This first portion includes recent coloured illustrations and b/w sketches
based on video footage..

Attachments

• Lanius-collurio.jpg
    Lanius-collurio.jpg
    57 KB · Views: 56
  • Corn-bunting.jpg
    Corn-bunting.jpg
    61.5 KB · Views: 57
  • Bonelli's-eagle.jpg
    Bonelli's-eagle.jpg
    121.8 KB · Views: 50
  • Black-winged-Kite.jpg
    Black-winged-Kite.jpg
    83.5 KB · Views: 47
  • Red-Kite.jpg
    Red-Kite.jpg
    106.1 KB · Views: 52
...while the second one, the latest field work!

Paschalis

Attachments

• Ferruginous-duck-A.jpg
    Ferruginous-duck-A.jpg
    168.9 KB · Views: 52
  • Kopie-von-Mandarin.jpg
    Kopie-von-Mandarin.jpg
    123.2 KB · Views: 48
  • Ferruginous-ducks.jpg
    Ferruginous-ducks.jpg
    82.7 KB · Views: 40
  • Larus-ridibundus-1.jpg
    Larus-ridibundus-1.jpg
    95.7 KB · Views: 48
  • Shoveler-eclipse-plumage-sk.jpg
    Shoveler-eclipse-plumage-sk.jpg
    80.7 KB · Views: 54
A huge welcome back with these refreshing new images Paschalis. Love the shoveler - it gleams with reflected light and is full of life. The b-h gull has a beautiful peacefulness to the drawing and is again, a prfect depiciton of the species. The raptor sheets are up to your usual highest standard. Fabulous work.

Quite simply beautiful Paschalis. I'm always glad to hear when people are busy with commission work but I also hope you get enough time to keep sharing your top class work with us here.

Mike

Warning! This thread is more than 13 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back