• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Minox Warranty Experience (1 Viewer)

jasonp

I've owned a pair of Minox BV 8x42 BR Bins for about 2.5 years now. The other day I came home and discovered my kids had been playing with them. They somehow dropped or threw the bins and bent one of the twist out eye cups almost half way closed. I emailed Minox to inquire how much a repair would be knowing it was my fault they had been damaged. They (Greg Clark) responded and just told me to send them in so they could look at them. I emailed him back and requested that they email me with a price for repair before fixing them. Well about 1.5 weeks after sending them off, I went to my mailbox to find a completely repaired pair of Bins at no charge! I almost feel guilty because the damage was my fault but I'll take free any day. Minox has earned a new loyal customer. :t:
Thank you Greg and everyone else at Minox for taking care of your customers.

It is great to hear when a company goes above and beyond for a customer. This story reminds me of what we typically hear about Swarovski's customer service.

Warning! This thread is more than 12 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back