• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

which tripod? (1 Viewer)

darren b

Hi all,

Help please! I`m looking to replace my old tripod and looking to spend around £150 (some leeway) as at this stage can`t justify a Manfrotto etc, as much as would like to ! Having done some research Slik seems to come out well, particularly as 6ft plus but often there is mention of the weight. Does anyone have any experience of these and any recommendations? Thank you.

Just posted this on another thread:
Have a look on the used market - I picked up a carbon Gitzo 3 series for 100 quid - a few minor scuffs but 100% functional. But then I also got a brand new 3 series Systematic for your budget (300) - guess I was just lucky!
There is a lot of good kit out there if you don't insist on new gear.

Warning! This thread is more than 12 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back