• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Eagle eye extenda view (1 Viewer)

Ragna

IanF

IAN i noticed that in Marysan's picture of a egret you asked about an extenda view mini ive just got one of these and it is a bit pricey but well made and i use it all the time also i have to use glasses to see the monitor but not with this as there's a 2x magnification built in; it make's it so much better

Graham,
If you don't mind me asking, how much is 'a bit pricey' ? I have the same problem as you with the monitor (CP4500), at the moment I'm using an old Agfa 8x loupe, but I get a very small field of view, very pixellated.

Cheers

Tony

Thanks for that Ragna.
I have the standard Xtend-a-view for use with my other camera. I agree that they are a superb piece of engineering, it's just a shame that Nikon reduced the size of the monitor on the 4500 and the standard sized one won't fit. I dare say I will end up getting the mimi version as I was having trouble viewing the monitor yesterday and the monitor is so important on this camera for gett ing focus right.

TOny - the mini version is £28.93 +VAT+ p&p = £41.04 !

I have the Pro Mini for my 4500. I'd used 35mm for years and I only wish it were built into the Nikon. My eyes just don't focus that close anymore. I got it primarily for using with the scope, but it is invaluable for macro work, and just about anytime I'm in full sunshine (which is nearly all the time in Southern Nevada).

I rank it just below batteries and memory chips as an accessory.

Tony
Ian has already posted the price its the £7 postage thats abit steep for such a small item perhaps you could try www.warehouseexpress.co.uk as they supply Eagle eye gear and may not charge so much postage also being only 2x it shouldnt be so pixellated

Warning! This thread is more than 21 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back