• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Want to get into bird photography - advice on options (1 Viewer)

Thanks Doux. Great shots of yours, love the quality too :t:

I'm currently using a Canon EOS 600D & a 400mm F5.6L lens i.e. no IS in this system. In the future I might consider a Micro 4/3 System as an alternative or back-up system, with Olympus being preferred due to in-body stabilization. I quite like the compact nature of the new EPL-3 and the tilt screen, but I've heard that the EP-3 has better image quality and more accessible functions. What is your opinion on this?

Reagrds,

Hor Kee o:)

i have not read about the EP3, but it should be great and better for those who are more then just amateurs, the EPL3 got the advantage of its small and compact size.

but if both are using the same sensor, them i don't see how one can be better than the other in IQ. IQ will be the issue of the lens you are using then.

Warning! This thread is more than 13 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back