• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

New field studies (2 Viewers)

"ONLY with a brush", Paschalis. That's an amazing accomplishment. But it's not wholly surprising given your other work. What's amazing is that you can see that detail and figure out how you're going to put it down on paper, regardless of medium.

My latest studies from the zoo, mammals this time, the old lioness resting and
a more detailed portrait of the male Orang Utan called " Brunno"...

Attachments

• Old-lioness.jpg
    Old-lioness.jpg
    190.1 KB · Views: 70
  • Orang-Utan-Brunno-study.jpg
    Orang-Utan-Brunno-study.jpg
    211.6 KB · Views: 97
Last edited:
Outstanding drawings as usual! It would be a thrill to see you in action one day.

Me too! In fact it would be great to see any artist on here in action! All I get when I'm out is click, whir, click, click, whir! (Is that some strange Nightjar call!)

Truly magic work, though. I may travel over one day, if you'll have me!

Russ

Thank you all!
Attached , this time half-finished sketches from the zoo, actually I wasn't sure if I should post them since I wasn't particularly pleased with them...

Drill, Lesser scaup, Red breasted goose

Paschalis

Attachments

• Drill.jpg
    Drill.jpg
    164.5 KB · Views: 113
  • Lesser-Scaup.jpg
    Lesser-Scaup.jpg
    109 KB · Views: 106
  • Red-breasted-goose.jpg
    Red-breasted-goose.jpg
    119.5 KB · Views: 118
can't imagine why you wouldn't be pleased with these, half-finished sketches indeed! They're more complete than most of my finished work!

can't imagine why you wouldn't be pleased with these, half-finished sketches indeed! They're more complete than most of my finished work!

Personally I love seeing unfinished work. I think they give a better idea of how an artist works. And these as usual even when unfinished show an incredible variety of tone. Very rich they are.

I wouldn't like get on the wrong side of drill he look a mean beast. You have captured it superbly as normal. As your not happy with them Ill take them off your hands :-O

Warning! This thread is more than 9 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back