• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Apple Imac (1 Viewer)

monoglypha

Hi does anyone use an apple imac 21.5 inch 500gb ? i need to replace my tired laptop but want a monitor that will show my photos clear, also it needs to run cs5 easily.
many thanks
Steve

I have a 21.5 iMac with a 256 GB SSD and a 1 TB hard disk. It is an excellent display, and handles Photoshop with aplomb.

Alan

Hi does anyone use an apple imac 21.5 inch 500gb ? i need to replace my tired laptop but want a monitor that will show my photos clear, also it needs to run cs5 easily.
many thanks
Steve

You'll need at least 2GB RAM, ideally 4GB. I don't believe CS5 runs on OS X Lion, best check before you buy.

does work better with 4Gb, just go to Crucial or Orca memory and order 2 x 2Gb simms, I bought from Orca.

CS5 certainly runs on Lion. It is the earlier versions (CS3) that don't.

Alan

Thanks for clearing that up, I was too busy to check this morning when I posted. Knew I'd heard about some versions that wouldn't work as I'm running CS and was thinking that I'd need to update when I buy a new mac.

Incidentally, if you're thinking of buying a new machine I'd recommend waiting a couple of weeks at least as a new iMac is due along any time now.

hi I have the 27"" with 4gb ram and 1tb. It's very good but I would advise to get 8 gb ram sometimes mine seems a bit slower than when I first got it about 18mths ago. Previous thread might be able to spread some more light on upgrading after purchase as mac charge dearly. For the extra. Ram. Regards. Mike

Warning! This thread is more than 12 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back