• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Birding at the Crossroads: Oman, Dec 2013 - Jan 2014 (1 Viewer)

What a report! I will definitely go to Oman in the next 2-3 years after this read. I have no idea how I will manage to afford all my trips having seen some of these reports here. I am completely taken by the natural heritage of Oman. Those birds are a brilliant mix not just of species but of Europe, Asia and Africa. Your photographs are excellent too!

What would you get in the Monsoon season that you would not be seeing now?

Thanks for the comments on the report. There are a few additional breeding visitors during the monsoon such as Forbes-Watson's Swift and Diederik Cuckoo. It's also better for seabirds, so there would be more variety there.

It has been a pleasure to read it. I like to combine travel and nature watching. I am now thinking when I can fit Oman in! I should have gone in December to it not to Tunisia!

Thanks for the comments on the report. There are a few additional breeding visitors during the monsoon such as Forbes-Watson's Swift and Diederik Cuckoo. It's also better for seabirds, so there would be more variety there.

Excellent report and pics

Certainly looks like a good alternative to Dubai / Abu Dhabi where we often stop for a few days.

Hi Andrew,

Thanks very much for your posts, it's very encouraging as I am going to Oman for a family holiday starting this weekend, when I looked in my Helm 'Birds of the Middle East' field guide it didn't seem like there was much around going by the distribution maps! But your posts have wet my appetite to try and get out a bit more whilst I'm there.

Are there any particular reserves or areas in Muscat itself that you can recommend?

Thanks,

Nige

Warning! This thread is more than 10 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back