• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Opticron Verano BGA HD & Nikon Monarch 7 where to tryout (1 Viewer)

Nikon Kid

Love them Sula Bassana
I live near Peterborough and want to tryout these two Bins
Opticron Verano BGA HD & Nikon Monarch 7 I have found
Infocus for the Opticron in Titchwell can anyone help for the Nikon

I am updating my 7 year old Nikon Monarch BTW 8x42 would be the size

Terry,

I had a quick look round and I'm not finding much close to you. Focus Optics near Coventry do both Nikon and Opticron but don't seem to have the M7. It might be worth a call? OneStopNatureShop just along the coast from Tichwell have the M7 but not Opticron. Cley Spy have both I think and a whole lot more. There must be somewhere closer.

David

Thanks David, going over to Cley Spy to-morrow they have both and also others in my £450 price range
As long as they are a improvement over my Monarchs

Terry,

Besides the Verano HD and the Monarch 7 they certainly have a few others in the price range that are definitely worth having a look at: Opticron Countryman HD, Vanguard Endeavour ED (and more particularly EDII if they have them), Hawke Frontier ED and both open and top Hinge Sapphire ED, Minox BL HD, Bresser Montana and Everest and of course the Zeiss Terra. Best plan an early start. :t:

David

Terry,

Not to drag you away from your planned trip but a visit to Sherwoods would be an additional 20 miles or so in the opposite direction.

They don't have the MN7 but they do currently have an ex-demo DBA Oasis 8x42 at £360.00, and a choice of ex-demo Verano BGA HD 8x42s at £285.00 (ring and reserve if travelling). Prices for the other brands are generally lower than at Cley, friendly haggle and stock permitting.

East or west have a good trip.

OK just got back from my day out, well got to Cley Spy at 9.30am of cause they
don't open till 10 am :) keen I tried out 8 different bins including the Opticron
Verano BGA HD & Nikon Monarch 7 in my price range they had a target out in the
woods that you could focus on I tried out all 8 not knowing what name the bins were so
it did not alter my decision. Checked them with my glasses on and off, did not realise how
much my eyes were not in focus Without my glasses on, as when using my old Nikon Monarch
did not use my glasses because how hard it was to Get the bins lined up. I narrowed it down
to two Nikon Monarch 7 and Vortox Viper HD, I picked the latter VV HD They fitted with ease
on my glasses felt just right they have big eye relief 20mm very good near focus 5ft and the
Vortex VIP Warranty very pleased

BTW went on to titchwell Rspb and got a look at a little auk
Go here and see the review and video

www.bestbinocularsreviews.com/Vortex8x42ViperHD-79.htm

Last edited:
Warning! This thread is more than 10 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back