• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Very busy at the bird feeder today! (5 Viewers)

Hi Azzy, My daughters just come back from a Years touring break in Oz, She's been making me jelous with all the stories and photos of the bird life over there, she was working on a Banana Plantatin up in Tully Queensland for a few months Although it's a bit devastated now with the weather recently.

Still haven't seen a Greenfinch here for a few years. Can't imagine what 14 look like.? bit of a bunfight I expect;)

very aggresive towards each other at times,it's my feeder,so get off attitude

Thanks, Zebs. Weather looks good for mid-March - dry, sunny and around 25C/82F.

Wish we our birds had wonderful names like some of yours, Azzy!

We usually get lots of Common Grackles in February. They were late this year. Saw a few around our yards a couple of days ago. Then standing in our front yard yesterday afternoon, I counted about 800 flying overhead.

They didn't seem to bother one of our Red-bellied Woodpeckers.

Jeff
www.jeffincypress.blogspot.com

Attachments

• DSC02466.jpg
    DSC02466.jpg
    167.6 KB · Views: 45
Hey Crazyfingers what type of Hawk is it? Sorry didn't read properly Cooper Hawk, I'm only a novice with Non British birds, i'm still learning, that's what i like about this site seeing all the different birds from around the world although they do have some funny names

I'm pretty sure it's the juvenile cooper's hawk that has been hanging around my yard and feeder all winter.

Here is a better picture of it.

My resident hawk

you may be wondering where bananafishbones is and why he's so quiet.

he's birding for 2 weeks in indonesia.

on the garden front, we've got a couple of stockdoves visiting daily now

Love the visitor EB I have never got a photo yet, it is always too quick.:t:

How on earth did you get a photo from underneath Crazyfingers?;)

early evening and a nice song thrush in the trees singing away:t:
Arn't they fantastic singers Roger. I heard one a week or so back singing his heart out for about 4x hours. I could just see him through bins .I am amazed at the variety of sounds they can make and how it carries.

Arn't they fantastic singers Roger. I heard one a week or so back singing his heart out for about 4x hours. I could just see him through bins .I am amazed at the variety of sounds they can make and how it carries.

they really are EB i was looking through the bins as well,smashing bird,great to hear them.

A lovely looking garden bird quite a few of us are getting to see. Keeps all the rest on their toes I guess. Great image.:t::t:

thanks CW funny you should say that about BOP numbers increasing

. I had a carpet fitted this morning by a local guy who swears that he stopped his van one morning about 5 miles away in amazement when he saw a whole field full of Buzzards ! his words. He said the were dozens :eek!: Apparently the field had just been harrowed ;) He's going to let me know the next time the field is harrowed.:t:

Thanks, Zebs. Weather looks good for mid-March - dry, sunny and around 25C/82F.

Wish we our birds had wonderful names like some of yours, Azzy!

We usually get lots of Common Grackles in February. They were late this year. Saw a few around our yards a couple of days ago. Then standing in our front yard yesterday afternoon, I counted about 800 flying overhead.

They didn't seem to bother one of our Red-bellied Woodpeckers.

Jeff
www.jeffincypress.blogspot.com

Ahh, but I would give anything to have woodpeckers in my backyard... because of course we have them in Aus... I wish!

Just able to login... High up a Malaysian montain with fellow forum member jeff (Goyter). This mornings feeder birds are silver eared mesia, long tailed sibia and chestnut capped laughing thrush with a black eagle over. Catch you later

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back