• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

foto with scope ? (1 Viewer)

Depends on picture quality....when you look thru a scope with your eye, it will look sharp, either way. But when you start wanting to take a photo, you will find that the actual photo comes out much darker as the light is greatly diminished as you take the foto. So it is best to go with the larger size scope for digiscoping, the 80mm.

That is an excellent choice for a scope....now, go the distance and do not cheapen out with a camera or an adapter. Purchase the DCB that Swaro has available so the camera sits squarely and tightly in your scope. No play, you just swing it down and it is in the right spot each and every time you want to take a foto.

Also....go with a good camera. I use a Canon S90....there are other cameras out there but not all are work with all scopes. Also, I like the S90 for it is latest technology with good ISO, it has a Histogram so I can adjust the settings prior to taking the pic. I also manual focus first finding the bird and focusing, swinging down the camera....pressing the shutter half way to allow the magnification to hit on the head of the bird, readjust manually the focus again on the swaro and shoot the image. not as fast as a AF with a camera but good enough.

Have fun...practice is needed...lots of it but it all start with having the right equipment, scope and camera and adapter. jim

Hello,

which equipment do You use for taking picture with the scope ?

Is 65 ok or is needed 80 ?

Best regards
Dieter

It really depends on what you wish to do with the scope. I use a Ats65Hd with a DCA because it is smaller and lighter, ideal for travel and more comfortable on the shoulders after a full day marching about. Yes the 80 will gather more light having a bigger objective but you will only really notice the difference when light levels drop. All of the images on my website, link below have been taken using the 65.

Warning! This thread is more than 13 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back