• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Gull (1 Viewer)

Hi,
Not the greatest on gulls but willing to have a crack. Head and expression (I'll rip your head off if you come any closer type glare) plus red eye ring would lead me to adult caspian. Without consulting Harrison or others can't vcomment on primaries etc. Just an immediate call.
Like the photo

Frenchy said:
Well, i'm guessing it was photographed in Romania, but i've seen argentatus that look just like that.

ha! for me argentatus is the beastier (beastyer?) looking one.
there are no argentatus in midsummer in the delta! ;)

Szabo Jozsef said:
from where the heck you've got this picture (which is mine actually)?

Whay hey, this has the potential for a good thread, complex gull, Romania v Stuggart and copyright issues. First BF thread to end in court. Champion :eek!: :clap: :C :storm: :h?: :brains: :cool:

i got an enfuriated mail allready threatening me exactly with an attorney! (a female one actually!)
but, hey, let's stay cool. is there anybody else thinking the same, that this bird is ill? ( in romania there has been a big anti-bird-flu-campaign in the last weeks)

oh, wow, there are more of them? how do they look?

someone asked why this gull isn't a YLG....- because of the yellowish/light coloured iris. (i won't come up with the same warnings about mirrors and little black in prim tips again) ;)

i'm not afraid about the "fearing" lookin attorney. i know you don't have any good camera SO THE PIC CAN'T BE SHOT BY YOU.

how about the illness and the pale eye?

:storm: oh, shoot! now i'm stuck in the swamp.... :storm:
a bad feeling is rising up my stomach, hopefully i won't get ill like this poor adult caspian. pontic actually. but why does it have a subterminal mark on
p10 then?

Last edited:
Warning! This thread is more than 18 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back