• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Dust inside zeiss 85 (1 Viewer)

picot

Last year I bought a zeiss 85 scope and after a few months appeared a kind of dust from the internal lenses, in the shop told me it would take at least 2 months in repair on Zeiss Germany. Has anyone had the same problem with the internal dust?

the zoom eyepiece can get dusts in because the zooming can suck dust in, but not the scope body, but zeiss has some repution of leaving dust in their FL binoculars during production process, i guess thoes dust were there all the time.

I recently bought a used like new Zeiss 85FL and after a week of use I noticed a piece of dust on the inside lens. It's appearance is surprising given the quality of the scope. I plan on sending it back to Zeiss when I can find a lull in its use.

Warning! This thread is more than 14 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back