• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Nikon venturer hg vs e2 vs superior e vs EDG (1 Viewer)

casscade

Ok guys as far as resolution and dof what's best. not the newer premier Lx the older venturers, the superior e, the e2 or the edg. 8x and 10x.

Of course you are asking for opinions, aren't you?

To do a test like this right you will have to put examples of all of them on a tripod and test each binocular's resolution on an AF Resolution chart like the one shown below and compare them to find out which of those 4 is sharpest. The test will only apply to those specific four which were tested. Other examples may, and probably will, show different results.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/1951_USAF_resolution_test_chart

DOF should be the same for all binoculars of the same power. Perceptions of it will differ depending on a number of factors.

Bob

Last edited:
I don't have a Venturer, but the current 8x32 LX-L, although very sharp, doesn't quite match the sharpness of either the E2 or the SE.

Nikon HG / EII / SE / EDG comparison

Ok guys as far as resolution and dof what's best. not the newer premier Lx the older venturers, the superior e, the e2 or the edg. 8x and 10x.

Having owned all of them in 8x30/32, I would rank them for center-field resolution in this order: #4-EII; #3-LX; #2-SE; #1-EDG. But they're all great glasses, and they're all different - some control CA better, some have a flatter field or better edge sharpness, and they all have different ergonomics; I would not recommend choosing one over the others based on resolution alone - the best binocular is the one that works best in your hands, with your eyes. I use an EDG II 8x32 every day, and for my needs it's just about perfect.

Hope this helps.

John

Warning! This thread is more than 9 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back